Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving an Office file to Box, part of Up and Running with Box.
- It's easy to save my Office 2010, 2013,…and higher documents back to Box.…All I need to do is save them.…So I'm making a minor modification here,…noting that this now needs to be reviewed,…and if I simply click Save it will be saved to Box,…which is effectively uploading it.…Notice though that when I point to the Save button…it tells me that it's actually going to use…the Box Word Addin to be able to save this.…
And I can learn a little bit more about that if I wish.…But I can hit Save, hold ctrl and hit s, either one,…notice that it's uploaded my file back to Box.…So that's how it works for a file that I'm opening from Box.…I have another file that doesn't exist in Box right now.…I'm working on the file on my local computer,…but now I want to save it to Box.…Easy enough.…File, Save As, Box.…Now I can go Browse and find where I'd like to put it,…unless I wanna put it in All Files.…
Not necessarily a great idea.…Over time if I simply continue to dump documents…in All Files they actually become lost over time,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.