When working in a Microsoft Office application after installing Box for Office, you can then create new files to be saved directly to your Box account if you wish. In this video, learn how to start a new PowerPoint presentation and save it directly to Box without leaving the application to do so.
- [Instructor] When you install Box for Office,…any new files you create,…whether it be in Excel, Word or PowerPoint like me,…you can create your new files, your new documents,…and save them right to Box,…without ever having to leave the application,…let's see how that's done.…I'm using PowerPoint, you could be in Excel or Word,…it really doesn't matter,…because we're gonna go to a new file,…for me, a blank presentation.…So selecting that means I'm ready to start creating,…and I add a title, Landon Hotel,…I'm gonna Click to add a subtitle,…New Employee Orientation, there we go.…
Now I'm ready to add a new slide,…so I'm gonna go up here to add a New Slide,…another new blank one, I'm gonna type in Welcome,…and then down below I can start adding text,…and adding content, but for now,…I just want to save my changes.…Now because this is brand new,…when I go to the Save button up here to save…it's the Save As dialog that shows up,…notice that one of my choices now, is Box.…So I can select Box, and because I've already authorized,…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.