Once you have uploaded files and folders to Box, you may want to access those files to work with them. In this movie, you will know how to use preview with various types of files in order to do things with them, like view them, print them, zoom in and out, navigate from one file to the next, view details and activity, and more.
- [Narrator] Once you have files and folders…uploaded to box,…you may want to work with those files and folders,…and that's what we're going to do in this movie.…So if you've uploaded some files,…maybe a Word document, Excel file, like me,…all you have to do is click the file…to start working with it.…Let's see what happens when we click a Word document,…such as Best of Landon Hotel.…Now I want you see there is a pencil icon…next to the name to edit.…And all that does is allow you to edit…the name of the document, not the document itself.…That's a little bit different.…
So we're going to click anywhere on the name itself,…and it's going to take us to a preview screen…that shows us the document…the way it would look in Microsoft Word, for example,…this is a Word document.…And we can use the scroll bar or your mouse…to scroll down through the document to read it.…So you have access to the file here in the cloud to read,…but there's a lot more we can do with preview.…In fact, if this is your first time using preview,…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.