Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening a file from Box in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, part of Learning Box.
- With the new Box for Office installed, it's very easy…for me to log into Box, to open and to save files.…To open a file, simply choose Open Other Documents…from backstage view, in this case, from Word,…and notice Open, Box.…Click Box, you'll be asked to Sign In.…Remember that if you're an Enterprise user,…you will probably want to Use Single Sign On.…
And I'm now connected to Box through Microsoft Word.…If I click Browse Box, I'm looking at…my folders and my files.…So, If I'd like to open the article about the Lacie Award,…I can simply select that document, and click Open,…and open it in Microsoft Word, just as I would…any other document.…What else can I do here?…Well, when I'm done with the file and I save it,…it knows where it goes back to,…that's a pretty cool thing.…But, while I'm opening a file from Box,…and I'm in Browse, notice that I have a Search box here.…
So, if I wanted to search for a particular document I could.…Even if that document's not a Word document…or an Office document, I can still use Search to find it.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.