Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing document versions, part of Managing Projects with Box.
- File versioning like being able to lock and unlock files…is actually a Box for Business feature.…So you'll notice that is my fourth version of a file,…but in Box for Business, I can actually click on that V four…and that will open the Version History…and if I want to return to another version…and download it, I can.…If I want to make it the current version, I can.…I can upload a new version to replace…the version of the document that's here…and I can remove versions.…
So to get rid of, for example,…the version one because we don't need it anymore,…simply remove it.…Where does it go?…Well, it goes to the Trash.…But notice, it can be restored for the next 30 days.…Similarly, if I want to get rid of version two, I can.…And if I decide to return to version three…and make it the current version,…I simply click Make Current.…We'll wait just a moment.…
And now, the former version three…has now been renumbered version five.…It's the latest one, restored today from V three.…And that is now the current version of the document.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining folders
- Inviting the team to the project folder
- Changing automated action settings
- Locking and unlocking files
- Commenting on files
- Assigning file-related tasks
- Managing project bidding with Box