Box allows you to choose what you would like to be notified about with regard to everything from general announcements to specific activity in a folder. In this video, learn how to change default notification settings for activity in folders you own, folders you have joined, and for announcements from Box with regard to learning best practices, knowing about new functionality rolling out, and when your Box account is being accessed from a new device.
- [Narrator] One thing you may begin to notice…as you continue working with Box…are notifications popping up, letting you know…when certain activity takes place…in a shared folder.…When there's an announcement from Box, for example.…These are part of the notifications…and there are notification settings that you…can customize to your liking.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…And we're going to start with our…General Notifications.…So it doesn't matter what you're looking at here…in your files, we're going go up…to the drop down menu under your name,…your Account Settings,…there they are,…right near the top.…
Click Account Settings, and from here…you'll see a number of categories…across the top including Notifications,…give that a click.…Now under Notifications you're going to see…some check boxes for the folders that you own…and the folders that you have joined.…Also some General Emails down below.…Let's start with the folders that you have created.…The folders you own and just think about…collaborating with others.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.