Box for Business offers many more features and functions for working with shared files in Box. In this video, learn how to work with file versioning to access older versions of a file, restore an older version, remove an older version, and even lock a file while you work on it, and unlock the file when you're done.
- [Instructor] When moving to Box for Business…from the free personal plan, you're going to notice…a number of new features and functions available…to you in working with files.…We're going to look at some of them in this movie,…like versions, and locking and unlocking files.…So if you have a file like I do, in my Admin folder here…under All Files, you may notice a little box…with a V and number.…I have V4 showing up under LH revenues.…That means we're currently on version four…of this spreadsheet, and Box is keeping track…of older versions.…
Now it always does that, but here in Box for Business,…you can get access to those older versions.…All you have to do is click the indicator,…in this case V4 for me.…Clicking it is going to open up the version history,…and I'm going to see that V4, version four,…is the current version.…That's what everybody's seeing,…everyone who has access to it,…but there are earlier versions as well.…Notice version three, two and one down below,…and any one of these can be made the current version,…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.