- I'm going to be leaving the office in a while,…and I want to continue working,…but I'm not gonna be able to get on the internet.…Part of my journey involves a train…where internet connection is not good…to say the least,…and I want to make sure I can continue working.…This is a job for Box Sync.…You use Box Sync…when you need to be able to work offline.…If you're online,…you don't have a reason to need to sync,…you're syncing continuously,…but Box Sync allows us to take a set of files,…work with them offline,…and then synchronize them back to Box…when we're back on the internet again.…
I'm going to install Box Sync.…It's so frequently used that it's right here.…I'm gonna click Download.…It says that I have three things I'm gonna do,…I'm gonna open the Installer,…Install it, and Start Using Box.…So, I'm gonna just run this right now.…As you can tell, it's gonna take…a few seconds to do this work,…but once we have it,…we will be able to work offline.…Now, we're at the time, let me see.…
I'm recording this course at a time…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.