- There's been a version of Box for Office for a while.…It's a free add-on developed by the folks at Box…and it works with Office versions 2007 on up.…There's also a newer version…and it's not yet available here in the Apps page.…Depending on when you take this course it may well be…and it will say Box for Office…and it will be for 2010 on up.…But right now it's actually available only in beta.…So if it's not yet listed here under the Apps…it's probably still in beta…and the URL for that…is cloud.box.com/boxofficebeta,…as the banner shows you.…
And when you go to that page you're immediately prompted…to download because that's the only thing you can do.…You have a choice to Run or to Save…and I'm actually going to Save this.…It's completed, so now I can Run it.…My antivirus software says it's safe, that's a nice thing.…And Box for Office Setup dialog opens,…click Install.…This is why I need to have administrative permissions…I'm being prompted to ask if I want…to allow this program to make changes…and I have the ability, not only to say Yes,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.