- One of the apps that almost…every Box user uses is called Box Edit.…It's not included with Box.…It's a feature that you have to add on.…Not quite an app, but similar to an app,…and the very first time that you decide…that you want to edit a file,…it will be added on.…So, we want to be able to edit this…About Roux Academy doc,…and I'm gonna come over here…and choose Edit,…and I'll see a dialog that looks something like this,…Install Box Edit,…and I click Download,…and notice it says that I'm gonna Install it,…Use it, and everything will be Saved Back to the Box,…just a quick little piece of information…about how this works.…
Continue,…and after it installs,…I'll have to relaunch Chrome again.…So I'm gonna click OK.…I have Norton running,…so it tells me that this is safe.…I'm going to click the button to run it.…It would look a little different than this…if I were doing this is IE.…This is how Chrome is prompting me.…Now, I'm installing this in Chrome,…but I only need to install it once on the computer.…Once I have it in Chrome,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.