Box is a cloud based application that requires an internet connection to upload and work on files and folders in Box. But what happens when you're in a scenario where you have no internet connection? That's where Box Sync comes in. In this video, learn how to locate the Box Sync installation button and install Box Sync.
- [Instructor] Well, so far, we've been working with Box…while connected to the internet.…It is cloud-based.…It's where we can store our files…to access them from any device.…Anywhere so long as we're connected,…but what happens when we're not connected?…There are times when you may be on your laptop…and you don't have an internet connection.…Maybe as you're traveling, for example.…Yet you still wanna be able to work on some of your files.…Well in that case, you'll want to be able…to work with them offline using something called Box Sync.…
And it's so popular you see it right here on your main page.…Over here on the right-hand side…is a button to install Box Sync.…Now it does work separate from Box,…so it's an app on its own.…And it'll allow you to take your files offline,…work with them, and when you're connected…sync everything back up.…So let's click the install Box Sync button…to get going with Box Sync.…Notice you're prompted to sign in to your account.…Now you'll use your Box account at this point,…and you can see down below that Box Sync,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 8m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.