Box for Office is a Box app that needs to be installed before you can start accessing your Box files from within your Microsoft Office apps. In this video, learn how to locate the Box for Office app from your Box account and then add it to move through the installation process on your computer.
- [Narrator] So you have Microsoft Office installed.…It's Office 2010 or higher.…I have Office 2016.…I use Word, I use PowerPoint, Excel,…and the other office apps on a regular basis.…I want to be able to access my…Box content from those apps directly.…That means installing Box for Office.…Well, it is an app so we're gonna…go to our apps like we did earlier.…We'll click our drop down menu at the top,…go to Apps, and locate Box for Office.…
Now, it might be right at the top…as one of the featured apps.…Or if you need to, you can go to the…search field and search for Box for Office.…Just type it in, press Enter, and you'll find it.…There it is right there.…So clicking this is going to take me…to the app where I can read a little bit about it.…Yeah, that's exactly what I want.…I do have Windows 7 or higher,…Office 2010 or higher, and I do have…admin rights on this computer.…So all I'm gonna do is click the add button to add this.…
Down below, it's running a security scan.…And from here, I can now run this.…Clicking the Run button is going to…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 31m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.