Box is an excellent option for storing your files securely in the cloud, but if you want to edit those files, you must install an add-in to Box called Box Edit. In this video, learn how to find the link to install Box Edit, run through the installation process, and use Box Edit to make a small change to a file directly from Box.
- [Voiceover] So, you're using Box now to store your files…in the clouds securely, where you can access them from…anywhere, on any device that's connected.…When you access them, though,…what are you gonna do with those files?…Do you wanna make changes to them?…Well, to edit files directly from Box,…you need to go through the extra steps…of installing something called Box Edit.…That's what we're gonna explore in this chapter,…beginning in this movie, with installing Box Edit.…The alternative to using Box Edit…is to download the file to your computer,…use the program that it was created in like…Word for word documents and Excel for spreadsheets.…
And, once you've opened up those files,…you make those changes, you need to save them,…and re-upload them to Box, that's way too many steps.…Using Box Edit allows you to access them directly from Box,…and almost everyone who has Box is using Box Edit.…So, let's go through the process together.…Notice I have a couple of documents here: a word document…and I have a spreadsheet file here, that I would use Excel.…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.