Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing a document using Box Edit, part of Learning Box.
- There are basically two things I can do with Box Edit.…One is I can edit a file that already exists,…and the other thing I can do,…is I can create a new file.…Let's start by editing an existing document.…Again, once Box Edit has been installed…in this computer, it's available…in all browsers, I'm in Chrome here,…and when I click, it tells me what program…I'll be using to edit this document,…so I'm going to choose Edit with Microsoft Word.…Notice it says that when I save this document,…it's going to go right back here.…
It's going to take a second to launch,…because it's actually pulling up an application…on my laptop.…And it's actually opened behind this window,…and that's not an unusual thing to have happen.…If you look at the task bar,…you'll actually see the application open.…And I'm going to switch over to that application now.…This is the email directory for the staff,…and if I wanted to make some changes to this,…I have access to all of the tools that I have…in Microsoft Word, because I'm actually…in Microsoft Word.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.