As the owner of a folder in the free personal version of Box, you can invite collaborators to access files and folders as editors or viewers only. In Box for Business, you have many more user permission levels to choose from. In this video, learn how to invite a collaborator to a folder as an uploader, previewer, viewer, co-owner, owner, and more.
- [Instructor] One noticeable change…you're going to notice when upgrading…to Box for Business from the free personal version…we've been working with in earlier chapters…are the different permissions you can assign…to collaborators, other users in your organization.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…First though, we need something to collaborate on,…so if you're like me and don't have any folders,…click new and select Folder.…I'm going to create an Admin folder,…and for now, I want to keep it private.…I'm not ready to invite people to it quite yet.…
I want to keep it private til I get some files in there,…so with keep private now selected,…clicking OK creates the new folder called Admin.…Notice the yellow folder.…That means it's private.…I'm going to go into the Admin folder now…to click upload to go get a couple of files,…so after clicking upload, click files,…and navigate to the documents subfolder…under exercise files, there's a couple in there,…LH revenues, the spreadsheet,…and press release, the Word document.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.