Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a bookmark, part of Up and Running with Box.
- There's one item left on the list…of new things that we can create,…and that's a new bookmark…that will be stored here, in Box.…A bookmark is like a favorite…or a bookmark in a browser,…or even in a document.…A bookmark is a link…that will take you to a particular place.…For example, I found a really great article in boxHelp.…That's the help that we get to…when we click here, on Settings,…and we choose Help.…I looked for something specific…because I'd heard that you can lock files.…
But this is a feature that's advanced.…We'll be looking at this later on.…So I'd like to be able to keep a link to this…for when I need it.…I'm going to right-click and choose Copy,…have the entire address selected,…and come back here.…I can choose New, Bookmark,…Paste, that's control v…if you want the shortcut for it,…This is Box Help Locking Files.…And I could type however much of a description I'd like.…
I notice I have an extra colon in there.…I can fix that.…I can also fix it later.…There we go.…Here's my new bookmark, right here.…So if I wanna get back to that page ...…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.