With Box, you have the ability to create a folder structure similar to what you might do on the hard drive of your computer to help keep files organized. In this movie, you will know how to create new folders, edit existing folder names, and move both files and folders into a folder to stay organized.
- [Instructor] Over time, as you continue…to upload many many files, things could…start to feel disorganized unless…you use a folder system,…much like you would on your own…hard drive on your computer.…Of course we can do that with Box as well…to keep our files separate from one another…and organized, and easy to locate…when we need them.…So, if you've been following along with me…you already have a few files in the All Files Folder.…That's our default root folder.…You may also have a folder that was created…when we uploaded an entire folder called Images,…and of course, we can edit folder names…anytime we want.…
Maybe these are really marketing images,…so when you go to a folder,…and go next to the name,…you'll see the pencil icon open up.…Give it a click and you can edit the name.…How about Marketing Images.…When you click Save, you've just…changed the name of the folder.…Still contains the same files,…six images that we uploaded in a previous movie.…Now, you may want to create some additional folders.…For example, a marketing folder that…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.