With Box Edit, you can create a text based document to be shared with other and collaborated on without the use of any specific software installed. It's called a Box note. In this video, learn how to create a Box note, add content, modify the content, and explore Box note options available for Box notes.
- [Narrator] One cool thing you can do with Box edit…is create notes that you can easily share…and collaborate with others.…And it really doesn't matter what software…you have installed or don't have installed.…That's why it's ideal for collaboration.…It's called a Box Note.…It's stored online, in Box.…You can share it just like you would…any other type of document.…A spreadsheet created in Excel, a document in Word.…But because it's a Box Note, you don't need…any specific software to access it.…It is a text-based document.…
And we're gonna create one now.…So you'll wanna be in the folder…where you wanna create the note.…I'm just looking at All Files.…That's where I wanna create my initial note.…I can move it later on once I start building up…my folders, and wanna stay better organized.…But for now, all you need to do is click the New button.…And you'll see Box Note on the drop-down menu.…Give it a click.…Now just like creating any other type of document,…a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, et cetera.…We're not gonna be using any specific software,…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.