While sharing a link to a file or folder allows people you invite to view or even download those files or folders, you may wish to have them do more to collaborate on a folder and files. In this video, learn how to invite people to access a folder and files with permission to edit the contents, upload files to the folder, download, share links, and even delete contents.
- [Instructor] Sharing a folder by sending out…a link to that folder allows anyone you invite…to view the contents and if you've allowed them,…download contents to their own computers.…But what if you want them to be able to upload to the folder…or maybe access the files and make changes, in other words,…collaborate on the contents of a folder with you?…Well in that case, you want to invite them as collaborators.…It's totally different from what we did…in the previous movie.…
So I'm going to go a folder that I want to collaborate on,…the Marketing folder here,…and you can create a new folder with nothing in it,…and do the same thing and then start adding files…or have people uploading files, or you might be like me,…with a folder that already has content.…Clicking the Marketing folder shows that there is a file…and a subfolder with images.…That's fine, we've already sent out a link,…so as you can see over here,…there's the link to the folder because it is already shared,…and above that is a different button.…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.