For people who Box accounts and use Microsoft Office to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, Box for Office is an app that allows them to access their Box files directly from within the Office app they're using. In this video, learn about the requirements that need to be met to be able to install Box for Office.
- [Narrator] One very popular Box app…that many Box users like to add to their Box accounts…is Box for Office.…It's an app that allows you to access your Box content…right from within your Office apps,…like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,…without ever having to leave them.…But to install Box for Office,…there are certain requirements that need to be met,…so let's take a look at them now.…First of all you're going to need Windows…and it's going to need to be Windows 7 or better.…If you're like me using Windows 10,…you're all set and ready for Box for Office.…
Obviously to be able to access your Box content from within…the Office Apps, you'll need to have…Microsoft Office already installed,…and it needs to be Office 2010 or better.…Also, to install Box for Office,…you're gonna need to have admin privileges.…If you're not an administrator in your organization,…you'll need to find one to Complete the installation…of Box for Office.…You're also going to need to be using….NET 4 point something or better,…as well as have Visual Studio Tools for Office installed,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 31m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.