Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning a file-related task, part of Managing Projects with Box.
- View Offline
- Tasks in Box are very similar to comments.…As a matter of fact, if you don't have comments enabled…in Box then you also won't have access to tasks.…But, don't worry, both of them are on by default.…So in the same way that we would leave a comment for someone…we can create a task for them.…So where I'm actually asking George to replace…this information.…It would make more sense here if I turned that into a task.…
So I'm going to copy and delete that comment…and show you how to create a task.…Where we click enter comment there's a drop down here…on the right and I can choose task instead.…And the difference between a comment and a task is…that a task has a due date and it also has someone…who it's assigned to.…So, the description is to replace the items in brackets…with the actual project information.…And that works great.…And my assignees, then, this is actually George.…
Notice I don't have to type that at because it's waiting…for a person, so I simply start typing George's information.…And I'm going to assign a due date for this of the 30th.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining folders
- Inviting the team to the project folder
- Changing automated action settings
- Locking and unlocking files
- Commenting on files
- Assigning file-related tasks
- Managing project bidding with Box