While comments allow collaborators to communicate effectively within a shared folder on Box, collaborators also have the ability to assign tasks to one another. In this video, learn how to assign a task to a fellow collaborator specific to a shared file in a shared folder. Learn how to set a due date for a task, update tasks, and review the status of tasks.
- [Instructor] Comments as we learned in the previous movie,…offer an excellent option for communicating…with other collaborators in a shared folder.…If you're working on files together, for example,…but you can take it a step further…and actually assign tasks to other collaborators…in your group.…By doing that you can setup due dates…and specific requests to get things done.…Let's see how that's done using a shared folder.…I have my marketing folder.…You can click your shared folder,…if you're following along.…Earlier we went into our logo here…and had a few comments going back and forth…about the black and white version.…
Over here on the right you can see…there's a new collaborator that I invited to our group.…There's a few people collaborating in this folder.…Let's go to a specific file now…where we know we have some comments showing up…over here on the right hand side.…There's the conversation that was started.…Now I'm thinking…we need to get this black and white version uploaded…as soon as possible,…so instead of entering a comment in the comment field…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.