When collaborating on files, it is often important for collaborators to have good communication with each other. This is often accomplished through email which can be messy over time. In this video, learn how to use the commenting feature built right into Box to communicate with other collaborators in a shared folder working on a specific file, including ways to ensure they are notified when you add a comment that mentions them specifically.
- [Narrator] If you've every worked with someone…on a specific file as a collaborator,…and used email to comment back and forth,…you know how disorganized that can get,…how difficult it can be to find a specific email.…Maybe you use conversations in your email application…to help with that.…But a better option is to use the Comment feature…built right into Box.…So that's what we're going to explore,…with a file in our shared folder called Marketing.…Now if you have a shared folder…and you've invited collaborators.…
I can see Karen Leslie over here,…is a collaborator in this folder.…That includes any sub folders and files.…I may want to have a conversation with her…as I look at the LH logo here, the color,…Landon Hotel logo.…So clicking it opens it up in preview.…Wouldn't it be nice to have a black and white version…for specific documents that require that?…Well over here, on the right-hand side,…when you open up a file,…a pane appears with a comment field.…It's under Activity.…
Well the comment icon that you see there means that,…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 8m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.