Motion graphics veteran Eran Stern walks through the many options for creating 3D animated text inside of Adobe After Effects: program's own ray-traced 3D feature, third-party plugins, scripts, and CINEMA 4D Lite.
- [Voiceover] Hey, I'm Eran Stern, and welcome to 3D Typography in After Effects. In this course, I'll try to help you understand the current available options and how well they are integrated in real-world production. We start by comparing 2D and 3D typography. Then we'll dig in and explore each tool in more depth. From the built-in ray tracer 3D and Cinema 4D light features to advance third-party plug-ins, such as Element 3D, Invigorator Pro, ShapeShifter, Boris, continue and complete 3D objects and more.
But which one of these is the best one for your needs? In the end of each chapter, I'll share with you some advanced options. For those of you who have some of the plugins or all of them, it is a good way to find out which one is suited for your needs and budget. We have a lot of ground to cover, so lets get started.
In this course, motion graphics veteran Eran Stern discusses the options and their pros and cons. He'll also compare 2D and 3D typography, and discuss techniques to ensure your work looks great and your message is clear. Plus, learn about tools that behave like subsoftware inside After Effects, allowing you to create stunning 3D text faster than ever before. From built-in tools to advanced third-party plugins, such as Element 3D, BCC Units, and Invigorator Pro, this is your chance to find out which one suits your needs and budget.
- Why good typography matters in motion graphics
- Creating faux 3D and pseudodepth
- Using the ray-traced 3D renderer
- Extruding text in C4D Lite
- Working with BCC Units 3D Objects, Invigorator Pro, and Element 3D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
1. 3D Typography Essentials
2. 3D from 2D
Pseudo depth11m 38s
3. Ray-Traced 3D
4. CINEMA 4D Lite
5. Mettle ShapeShifter
6. Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) Units 3D Objects
7. Zaxwerks Invigorator PRO
8. Video Copilot Element 3D
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.