Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with rows, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- So, now that you understand…what the basic container class does,…let's talk about rows.…Now, they're a special way…of setting up multi-column layouts.…Rows allow you to create horizontal groups of columns.…Now think of it as a line break for column groups.…When you want to make sure that your columns appear…on a separate horizontal group, you use rows.…Now, using rows won't make sense…unless you place them inside a container type,…either fluid or fixed width.…It doesn't really matter.…But they should always go within a container.…
Now, when you use the row class,…you should always include columns.…It really doesn't make sense to create a row container…without any columns inside it.…Adding a row does get rid of the padding…that appears on either side of a container…using negative margins.…That's because any columns inside a row…will need to clear out the normal container padding…to align to the grid properly.…Now, let's take a look at what it means…although this is something that you would never do…in a real layout.…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.