Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with panels, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Panels are another way to encapsulate content…in Bootstrap.…They're similar to what you can do with thumbnails…and even list groups, but they have a different structure…that I think makes a little more semantic sense.…Plus, you can combine these with tables and list groups…to create slightly more complex layouts…than you can do with something like a thumbnail.…So they're pretty easy to work with.…Essentially, you create a panel with a div,…so we'll do a div with a class of panel…and then you have to specify a contextual class,…so we'll just do the default one.…
It's panel-default here,…and then we just put our content in there…and you're going to need to divide the content…into different parts so you can have a div…with a class of panel-body,…and if you want to, you can paste your content in there,…so let's go ahead and indent this a little bit,…and save it and essentially, you can see…that it just gives it sort of a box,…puts your content in a box which sometimes…is a really sort of nice way to do things.…
You can have a body and, of course,…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.