Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with labels and badges, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Labels and badges are two useful CSS components…that can take care of instances where you want to pass…certain bits of information to the user.…First, let's do some labels.…I have here a really simple layout.…It's got a menu here at the top…and then just a three-column layout down here…with this sort of bigger section.…So, we're going to be inserting a label…and to do that, all you need to do is add a span class.…So let's go ahead and right in here next to Exotic Pets,…I'm going to add span with a class of label.…
And then like with many of the other classes,…you have to add a contextual color…so you can say label-default…and let's go ahead and scoot this over this way…so we can see what we're doing.…And inside this span, I'm just going to say new.…So that gives you this new sort of little badge right here.…It's actually not a badge…because badge is the next thing that we'll be doing.…Now, you have a number of different colors that you can use.…
So, let's see.…Let's go ahead and show you that the colors…are just like any other Bootstrap colors.…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.