Everything you need to know to get started building responsive, accessible, mobile-first websites with Bootstrap 3.
- [Ray] Hey there, I'm Ray Villalobos, staff author for lynda.com, and I want to welcome you to Bootstrap 3 Essential Training. In this course, I'm going to take you through the essential features of one of the most popular frameworks for quickly building mobile-first, responsive, and accessible websites. This course has been written from the ground up with our practice environment in mind, which allow you to follow along with the videos in a course with a built-in live editor. I'm going to start by showing you the different ways to install and work with Bootstrap through CDNs, or by downloading and installing the software directly into your project.
Then, we'll dive into the code together, so that you can learn how to work with the Bootstrap grid system. And I'll show you how to use rows and columns to create flexible and powerful responsive layouts. We'll explore the many Bootstrap CSS classes that can help you almost eliminate the time it takes to write CSS for complex tables, forms, and other HTML elements. Then, we'll work with Bootstrap navigation components to learn how to create dropdowns, modals, carousels, and much more.
Bootstrap is jampacked with features, and this course shows you each of them with a simple, easy to follow exercise for each video. If you're the type of person that learns by doing, then it's time to get started with Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.