Find out how Bootstrap can transform your standard HTML websites into inspired single-page designs.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hey there, this is Ray Villalobos, staff author at Lynda.com. And I want to welcome you to bootstrap layouts: responsive single-page design. In this course, I'm gonna show you how to layout a responsive single-page site using the bootstrap framework. I'll start by showing you how to take a standard HTML page and dive deep into how bootstrap layout classes like the containers, rows and columns work. Plus how to work with navigation by adding bootstrap classes. You'll learn how to override bootstrap CSS, handle the styles that you can see as well as the classes that bootstrap injects into your HTML.
We'll work through some challenging layout problems, like using multiple grids and working with responsive columns. Finally, we're gonna learn how to use this scrollspy plugin to highlight our navigation as we scroll, creating a full screen responsive carousel that fades and is always the size of your browser windows. So if you're ready to take your bootstrap skills to the next level. Then let's get started with bootstrap layouts: responsive single-page design.
- Analyzing your markup
- Creating simple column layouts
- Creating basic navigation and a simple carousel
- Modifying Bootstrap styles
- Working with branding and toggle styles
- Adding interactivity