Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Using wells, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- Wells are sort of a super-simpler version of panels.…Think of them as a variation on a blockquote.…It gives the element essentially an inset effect,…and it boxes them.…So to do them is quite simple.…All you have to do is grab some content like this…and then create a div with a class of .well,…and put your content there,…and let's go ahead and save this.…You can see that you get a box with a rounded edge,…and it has the content in the box…indented by a certain amount.…
And the only options that you have here…are the amount of the indentation.…So you can do a well and then do a well.lg,…and that gives you a little bit more indent,…and a well.sm, and that gives you…less of an indent.…There are no contextual classes in here,…so although it might not be the most useful…or dynamic element, it gives you…an alternative to blockquotes.…So it might be useful for some inset tips,…or other small pieces of content…you may want to highlight.…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.