Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Using responsive utilities, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Bootstrap offers a set of responsive utility classes…so that you can control the visibility of certain elements.…Now these classes allow you to turn visibility on or off,…depending on certain responsive breakpoints,…or, when the user tries to print out the page.…The formula for doing this looks like this.…You specify a visibility keyword,…and that's visible, or hidden.…Then you add a size, and those correspond to the…responsive grid, so the options are the same as…any of the grid breakpoints, that's XS, SM, MD, LG,…and there's also an option to specify print…as a breakpoint.…
Which means that the element will be visible,…or hidden, when somebody tries to print out the page.…Finally, if you're specifying that something needs…to be visible at a specific breakpoint, or for print,…you can optionally provide information…about the display element for that breakpoint.…So you can ask the element to display as a…block element, an inline element,…or, an in-line block element.…Or you can specify that the element only shows up…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.