Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Using button groups, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Another great component is called button groups.…You can use it to create…different kinds of button combinations.…So I'm starting out with a series of buttons right here.…And in order to place them into groups…I can add a div with a class of btn-groups.…Let's go ahead and do that,…we'll go ahead and put a div in here…with a class of btn-group…and we'll just take all these buttons…and paste them in here.…
Let's go ahead and save.…You can see that these become a group of unified buttons.…Let's go ahead and do that to the other one as well.…For screen readers and usability you need to add…the role="group" to these.…So let's go ahead and do that to both of these.…Assigning a role to an element lets screen readers know…about the expected functionality of that element.…So it knows how to handle it properly.…Now you should also add a label…so that readers know what to say.…
For this type of element, you can add a ... as the label…and use either an aria label or…an aria labeled by attribute.…So I'm going to use an aria-label here…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.