Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Using blockquotes, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Bootstrap does a nice job of styling…block quotes for you, and it provides…a class to reverse the alignment of it.…So let's take a look at how it works.…I'm going to take this second paragraph right here…and make it into a block quote.…So let's go ahead and replace that p…with just blockquote.…And...…I'm going to go ahead and save that.…You can see that it indents it nicely,…makes it a little bigger, and it adds…this nice, great border to it.…
Now those are all things that if you are…overwriting your styles with CSS,…you'll need to remember to take out.…Now if you do want to add a footer,…so, if you wanted to add maybe the person…that this quote is from, then what you want…to do is actually add a footer tag in here,…and then we can put in a name, and you would…probably want to take this other section…and put it maybe in a paragraph.…So let's go ahead and do that, just…tag it all to a paragraph, and now…you can see that it includes a really nice style…with this little sort of hyphen-looking thing,…actually I think that's like an m or an n dash,…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.