In this video, Ray Villalobos uses the dropdown component to create menus that appear on clicks, and are commonly added to menus, tabs, and other elements.
- [Instructor] Dropdowns are a common…design patterns in Bootstrap.…You can create them easily for different components,…so let's take a look.…You can use dropdown in a bunch of different components…including navs, tabs, and buttons.…If you've been following along,…you've already seen how to work them into navbars…which is also how you implement them in navs.…You create dropdowns in two parts.…First, you create a button to trigger the dropdown…and then create the menu itself.…They're tied under our dropdown container…that toggles the dropdown menu.…
For the menu, you can either use…anchor tag links or buttons.…The classes for a basic dropdown…are the dropdown class on the container…of both the trigger and the menu element,…the dropdown-toggle class on the button…that triggers the menu,…and then the dropdown-menu class…which is the container for the menu.…You also add a dropdown-item on each individual menu item…which is either a link or a button.…Inside the dropdown, you can add a few elements…including at header that's a nice title…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.