In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to work with the many flexible Bootstrap column classes which help you control how HTML elements are aligned and respond to the Bootstrap grid.
- [Instructor] Although containers and rows…prepare the content for layout,…to take full advantage of the 12 column grid,…you have to master the use of columns.…So let's take a look at how the basic columns work.…Now first off, as I mentioned, the grid is a 12 column grid,…and you have a lot of options…as to how your content fits into those columns.…Now of course columns can span…just like you would be able to…on something like an Excel spreadsheet,…so you can have a column…take up more than one of the spaces in the grid,…you can specify a column take two, three, four, six,…or even the whole 12 spaces on the grid if you want to.…
And you also have the option of specifying…when the layout converts to a full horizontal layout.…So that's part of the mobile first style that Bootstrap has,…and the formula for doing all this…looks something like this.…So this probably looks very complicated,…but it's actually quite simple.…And there's a lot of options.…If you want to, you can just specify…that a section of content be a class of C-O-L,…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.