In this video, Ray Villalobos takes you through contextual color names, which are in many Bootstrap components for handling text and background colors.
- Bootstrap gives you a number of color classes that you can…use through color names.…Now they're used all over the place, including buttons,…forms, background colors, as well as text.…Now we'll run into these throughout different places in the…framework, but let's take a look at the options available…for simple text and backgrounds.…So first off, we have the text classes that will color…texts a certain way, and they start with the word text…and then a specific color.…
So you can say text-success and that would make the text…look green, text-info for blue, warning for orange,…red for danger and you also have…text-white to create white text.…There are a few other classes available for links,…by default the links are going to primary or blue,…and if you want to you can use text-success to make the…links green, info, et cetera, et cetera.…
Now notice that there is an additional…link type here called muted.…That's just sort of a lighter version of black,…and that there is no white color for links.…So in the same way, we can change background colors…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.