In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to use the navbar-brand class in order to include text or logos with an enhanced look. Plus, he goes into the navbar text classes.
- [Narrator] In addition to the navbar nav,…you can add other components to your navigation.…The simplest to use is called the brand…and it's used for text or logos that get an enhanced look.…Another simple component is the navbar text component.…And you can add in-line text that works…with the rest of the navigations.…So let's go ahead and take a look.…Now in the navbar, we can place a series…of different components, and we're going to explore…the couple of simple ones in this video…and then we'll take a look at other things…like drop downs and form elements in future videos.…
Navbar-brand is pretty simple…and it is a class that is used inside a navbar…at the same level as the navbar-navlinks.…You can use an anchor tag to create a link…or use a headline or other component.…You may have to make some adjustments to the margins…if you use headlines.…You can also place images, but chances are…you'll also have to make some adjustments to your styles.…Now the other component is called navbar-text…and it just lets you place some text into the navigation,…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.