Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Bootstrap helper classes, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Bootstrap has a number of miscellaneous classes…that can help you take care of common styling needs.…First, Bootstrap offers a number of predefined…contextual colors.…You'll see them reappear in a bunch of other places,…as well.…You can use them to highlight text colors,…or backgrounds.…So let's go ahead and use some of these.…I'm going to modify all these paragraphs…so that they have a class.…And I'll start by using text muted.…So that should make all of the text appear…a little lighter than normal.…
And if I modify some of these to use the other classes,…so I'll use primary here,…I'll do success here,…and then I'll do info,…and some of the other ones here.…You should see the colors here.…Now the colors appear a little bit different…than in some of the other places where you see these.…They're a little bit darker just to make…the text more readable.…In the same way that you can change the background color…by using background, or BG,…and then the name of the color.…
So we'll go ahead and change all these to BG.…However you'll notice that there is an APG muted,…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.