In this video, Ray Villalobos shows the typographic utility classes that can help you take care of simple needs, such as the new lead class to make lead paragraphs as well as alignment utilities for text.
- [Instructor] Bootstrap provides several utility classes…that can help you take care of common typography needs.…So let's take a look at what they are…and try some of these out.…Now first off, we have some alignment classes.…So for example, we have the text-justify class.…That lets the text of a paragraph or any other element…sort of fit to the left and the right…with the same amount of spacing.…It doesn't leave you any ragged columns…to either side.…Then there is also text-nowrap.…
That one allows you to just sort of run text infinitely…to one side without actually cutting it off at the edge.…Sometimes it's good for when you're doing something…like code and you just wanted to take one line…and never wrap.…Then there is the very useful text(-XX)-POS class,…and this one's super flexible.…It lets you specify either a text and then something like…dash and then either left, or center, or right.…
Or, optionally, you can specify a position,…and then a media query breakpoint,…which will go into this XX.…So you could say something like text-sm,…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.