Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling a horizontal form, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- One of the Bootstrap layouts that can be really useful…when working with forms is called the horizontal layout.…Now this is especially true for mobile users,…because although labels to the left of input fields…look great on the desktop,…mobile devices zoom to an input field…and can sometimes hide any labels…that are on the left of the input field.…These classes essentially use the Bootstrap grid system…to show controls beside the labels on a wider layout.…It's not going to work on a view…that is smaller than 768 pixels.…
So I'm going to take this beginning form…and just make the page a lot bigger,…so that I can show you what it looks like.…I'm going to scoot this over this way.…The first step is to add the form horizontal class…to your container element.…So I'll do a class here and make this form horizontal.…I'm going to save that. It's not going to do very much.…It's just going to get rid of a little bit…of the spacing here.…After I do that, then I'm going to go to each…of the form elements and control their layouts with columns.…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.