Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling code, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- Bootstrap comes with a few styles…that can help you format code.…Now most of these are going to be style implementations…of existing html tags.…Let say that we wanted to show…this em word right here as code.…I'm going to cut that out and add the code tag…and I'll paste that in there.…And you can see that it shows up as red text…with a pink background.…It really makes it stand out from the rest of the page.…Now just remember that if you do want to use…html code in here, you're going to have to escape…the angled brackets.…
So you would have to do…<…and then > here.…And if we save it, you can see that it looks…like html text.…To highlight control key combinations,…we can use the keyboard tag.…Let's go ahead and modify these,…and we're going to use the keyboard tag.…So I'll take that, Ctrl + C and paste it in here.…And you can see that it looks like text inside a box…with rounded edges and white text,…which I think looks really nice and makes it stand out.…
Let's go ahead and do the same thing for the q here.…One way to help search engines is by providing…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.