Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Offsetting columns, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- In Bootstrap you can ask certain columns…to move over by a certain number…of column widths.…That's called offsetting,…so let's take a look at how it works.…Something's troubling me about…this layout.…The problem is when we reach the…mobile device size right here,…you can see that some of these…line widths are way too big and…I would like to have this section…take up less space.…We can do that by adding offsets…to our existing columns.…So the way I will tackle that is,…I'm going to grab all of these columns here,…so col-sm-6,…and I'm going to grab all of them,…and then at the very beginning…I'm going to add an offset.…
I'm going to say col-xs,…or at the extra small size, go ahead and…offset this column by three units.…So let's go ahead and save that,…and now you can see that this has…scooted over by three units.…However, right now our column's…taking up too much space…so what I also need to do is make sure…that I say at that size, so col-xs-6,…so this means that at the extra small size…I want this to only take up six of…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.