In this video, Ray Villalobos shows another way to control the grid by offsetting columns to move their position on the grid in order to create more complex layouts.
- [Instructor] Another way to control the grid is to offset…columns in order to move their position on the grid.…So, let's take a look at how that works.…Now, in order to do that we're…going to use this format for our class.…So, we're going to say offset and then…one of the break points and then a number of columns.…Now, because it wouldn't make sense to offset something…by 12 columns, you can put a number between 1-11.…So, let's take a look at what we've got here.…We just have two of these sort of columns right now.…
And just for now they have a regular COL class.…If we wanted to though, we could add a col-sm…and then specify a number of columns, like four columns.…So, what this is doing is creating…a couple of columns, right?…And because they normally would add up to twelve…and we're specifying that they…only take up four of the units.…It's like we're sort of missing some space here.…That's because four plus four is eight…and we have four more units on the grid that we could use.…
But, if we want to we can grab one of these columns…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.