Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Nesting columns, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- Whenever you want to make really complicated layouts…you can actually put rows inside other rows.…And when you do that you essentially get…another twelfth column grid inside your existing section.…So let's take a look at how that works.…I'm a little unhappy with what's happening…at this very large breakpoint right here.…I don't really think the sections look well…stacked up into individual columns.…So what I can do is add another row…and then I'll get another twelfth column grid…to deal with what happens at this size.…
So let's go ahead and do that.…I'm going to come over here,…and right now I've got this one row right here…and then this section that determines…my layout for the different breakpoints.…Well inside this section, I can add another row,…so let's go ahead and do that right here.…DIV with a class of row.…And let's go ahead and put that in here,…and you're probably going to want to indent your…content quite a bit.…
It might even help to put some comments on things.…Let's go ahead and then once we've got this row…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping Your Businesswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.