Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Navbar overview, part of Bootstrap 4 Essential Training.
- Every web project needs great navigation.…Next to the grid,…this is the most important component in Bootstrap.…The different types of navigation components…are navs, tabs, pills, and navbars.…Navs are parents to all the other navigation.…Tabs and pills are the same type of component…and help you create content within a page…that changes when clicked.…Navbars, on the other hand,…are typically used for main navigation between pages.…Now, although you'll end up using navbars more often,…it's easier to learn about navs first.…
The navbar component itself is extremely complex…so learn to code a basic navbar…and add other features piece by piece.…It's extremely rare that a project will use…all the features available.…You can include things like branding, color schemes,…dropdowns, and form elements within the navbar.…And also add responsive or collapsible options…so that your navigation collapses to a hamburger menu…at certain break points.…If you're coming from a previous version of Bootstrap,…you'll find that the new navbar…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.