In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to take full advantage of the 12 column grid system, using more than one column at the same time in order to display layouts that change at different responsive breakpoints.
- [Narrator] The grid in Bootstrap is powerful because…of the many ways that we can use it.…And one thing we can do is specify multiple-column…breakpoints for each of our grid elements.…And that's pretty cool, so let's take a look at how…that grid works once again.…We have these different breakpoints that are specified…by these extensions.…So if we say c-o-l-s-m, it means that we're looking for…content when it reaches a certain breakpoint, 576…to 768 pixels.…
C-o-l-m-d is the one after that and then l-g and x-l.…Now we can use more than one of these to specify a grid…that adjusts and does different things at different…breakpoints.…So let's take a look at how that works.…Right now, we have a single sort of breakpoint, this…c-o-l-s-m-6, so what we're saying here is that at…the small breakpoint, I want you to have this element…right here, exotic pets, to take up half of the grid unit.…
So, when we get smaller than 576, we're going to see it…go to a full-width layout.…And then when we get bigger than that, this column…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.