Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying alignment,transformation, and abbreviations, part of Bootstrap 3 Essential Training.
- So, let's take a look at some of the other utility classes…that you get with Bootstrap.…Now first, Bootstrap comes with a series…of alignment classes for text elements.…This is the type of thing that you may commonly add…to your stylesheets, but Bootstrap gives you a class…that you can add to your HTML elements,…and they have quite a bit of specificity,…so I've got a few paragraphs here to illustrate what happens…and I'm going to add all these classes in here…so I'll say class="text-left".…
Obviously, this particular text…has already been left aligned,…so if we use that one, nothing is going to happen…but just in case you, say, add some things,…you say all the section paragraphs…are going to be text-align: center;…right then, when you use that other class,…you'll notice that all the other paragraphs…are centered except for the one…that we have added this class of text-left to…because it has more specificity,…so let's go ahead and take that out and go back here.…
Of course, if you have text-left,…then you're also going to have…
- Understanding containers
- Using the 12-column grid to create a responsive webpage layout
- Creating rows and columns
- Styling content with Bootstrap CSS classes
- Adding CSS styles
- Creating and styling forms
- Creating dropdown menus and buttons
- Adding images and video
Skill Level Beginner
Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Developmentwith Ray Villalobos3h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Bootstrap Grid
3. Exploring Basic Bootstrap CSS Classes
4. Adding Other CSS Styles
5. Styling Forms
6. Navigation Components
7. Media Components
8. Content Containers
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.