Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Layout overview, part of Bootstrap 4 Essential Training.
- By far the most useful part of Bootstrap is the grid,…so this is the first thing you should master.…The Bootstrap grid gives you a framework…to create any layout that you can think of.…Now, Bootstrap layouts have three main pieces.…The first is containers,…which can be either responsive fixed width…that snap to certain breakpoints,…or completely fluid containers…which take up 100% of the width of the view port,…which is the browser window or the width of your device.…Inside containers, you can also place content…in rows and columns.…
Bootstrap uses a 12-column grid system…that has breakpoints for extra small, small,…medium, large, and extra large devices.…If you're coming from a previous version of Bootstrap,…note that there is an additional breakpoint…for smaller devices.…The grid is extremely flexible.…You can create multiple layouts for different breakpoints,…reset, offset, nest, and even customize the order…of the columns at different breakpoints.…Bootstrap's grid is very powerful.…
If you can think of a layout,…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.