In this video, Ray Villalobos shows how to use the myriad Flexbox classes available in this new version to control how elements align to one another.
- [Instructor] Because Bootstrap uses Flexbox…to control layouts, there are many new classes…to handle how elements align into one another…as well as their containers.…So, let's take a look.…Now, first off, is vertical alignment.…To align columns in the grid, there's a few classes…that you can add to the rows.…Now, these classes begin with align-items…and then an alignment keyword,…which can be either start, center, or end.…Now, if you choose start, the alignment of course…of the columns will be at the beginning,…center puts the alignment of elements in the middle,…and end of course puts them at the end.…
However, sometimes to get the desired effect…you may need to nest the columns.…So, we'll take a look at this in a minute.…Next up is individual alignment of the columns.…You put this keyword within the columns themselves,…not in the row like with the previous…vertical alignment classes.…They look like this, you add align-self…and then an alignment keyword,…and then you can ask each column to either be…at the top, in the center, or at the end.…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.