In this video, Ray Villalobos looks at how to control the display of individual elements inside the grid using Flexbox and other classes to modify individual behavior of elements inside Flexbox containers.
- [Instructor] So far we've been looking at how…we can control the display of a group of elements.…In this video, I'll focus on how to do that…with individual items.…Now, there's quite a few options,…but they really match everything you can do with CSS.…So if you understand how to work with CSS,…these should almost make a lot of sense…and you'll probably remember them…once you start using them…without having to think about them too much.…Let's take a look and then work through some code.…First is floating elements.…Of course, in CSS we can easily float elements…with the float property…and Bootstrap gives you the float class…in which you put a float and then also…the breakpoints just like you've done before…in other classes.…
And then you can include a side…which would be left, right or none…if you want to clear an existing float.…And in addition to that because when you float elements…in CSS, any container loses track of the height…of those elements.…You also have an optional clear fix class…that you can you to clear the floats.…
- Creating a basic template
- Reviewing basic styles and typography
- Using colors with Bootstrap
- Working with classes that help you deal with images
- Working with grid containers
- Offsetting columns
- Using list groups to style lists, buttons, and links
- Using breadcrumbs
- Reviewing layout components
- Using form styles
- Working with interactive components
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compasswith Ray Villalobos3h 22m Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Basic Styles
3. Mastering Layout with Bootstrap
4. Using Navs and Navbar Components
5. Basic Style Elements
6. Layout Components
7. Using Form Styles
8. Working with Interactive Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.